These tips can help you keep your computer and personal information safe when going online:
- Learn how to spot common scams and fraud. Learn the warning signs of internet fraud, phishing, and other online scams.
- Keep your computer software updated. Download the latest versions of your operating system, web browsers, and apps.
- Talk to your kids about being safe and responsible online. Find out how you can protect your kids online by teaching them about the risks and explaining the use of social media.
- Is TikTok safe for kids?? Need more information? CLICK HERE
- Don’t share your passwords or sensitive information with anyone you don’t trust. It’s also important to learn how to keep your laptop safe from identity theft when you’re in public.
- Don’t use the same passwords for multiple accounts. Try to make your passwords unpredictable and avoid using names, dates, or common words.
- Don’t give out personal information over unencrypted websites. Only trust encrypted sites that begin with “https” (the “s” means they’re secure). They convert your information into a code that prevents exposure to potential scammers.
***Information found at https://www.usa.gov/online-safety
***Some information found at https://www.allconnect.com